EFT Tapping And Temporal Tapping Can Be Used In Many Ways
You know the situation when you feel so stressed you could pull your hair out, foolishly stuff your mouth, or bite fingernails? Turns out there’s a more constructive way to alleviate stress and put your fingers to use applying a technique that could also help you relief stress and drop a few kilos and many more surprises.
Research shows that the EFT tapping – Emotional Freedom Technique (a.k.a. EFT or tapping), a treatment which combines ancient Chinese acupressure with modern psychology, can reduce cortisol levels in the body and counteract the negative impact of stress by sending a calming signal to the part of our brain responsible for our fight or flight response – called the amygdala.
The tapping involves repetitive finger-tapping on acupressure points of the body (listed below) while repeating certain statements aloud.
This “old” and newly discovered energy technology can be used very effectively to quickly and sustainably install new, desirable habits, behaviours and settings.
As soon as the limiting additions of the “inner voice” are neutralized, you can strengthen your affirmations with EFT! It addresses resistance and emotions.
Tapping makes the brain more receptive to new and useful thinking habits.
- The basic technique requires you to focus on the negative emotion at hand: a stressful situation at work, a fear or anxiety, a bad memory, or any other aspect around an unresolved problem, or anything that’s bothering you.
- While maintaining your mental focus on this issue, use your fingertips to tap 5-7 times each on 12 of the body’s meridian points. Tapping on these meridian points – while concentrating on accepting and resolving the negative emotion – will access your body’s energy, restoring it to a balanced state.
This regular tapping method can create numerous physical and psychological benefits like increased circulation, improved immune system function, digestion, and sports performance, and increased energy, deeper and more satisfying sleep, relaxation in muscles and joints, mental clarity, and focus,” says Jessica Ortner, co-producer of The Tapping Solution. (Inclusive Free Tapping Meditation & A Guided Tapping Meditation to Support You in Befriending Your Body)
Doubtful? At BodyMindAndBusiness we were more captivated than unconvinced. So we got the whole “Tapping-solution-program” from Rick & Jessica Ortner.
Although this technique was still unrecognized by the US Psychological Association, so many studies and research shows that EFT can be effective for dealing with certain conditions like stress, and that tapping can even help to lose weight and actually reduce cravings.
Nevertheless, EFT is very widespread and used around the world. For us it helped to relieve stress and lose a few pounds. Tap while you experience or discuss a stressful situation counteracts that stress and reprograms the feedback to it,” says Jessica Ortner, but it can also be done on a regular basis as a form of precaution.
Important to know is the length of tapping time because some aspects of your issue can be cleared immediately while others may take repetitions.
Here’s how to attempt Tapping:
You need to identify your tapping points first.
And then master how to tap.
Use the tip of your middle and index fingers to tap the side of the hand point while saying out loud the “setup statement” Start with getting clear what habit or what situation you like to change in your life. Describe the desired change in one sentence and formulate it in the present tense, as if the situation already existed.)
1. “Even though I have this problem [insert your particular problem, such as stress from a deadline, or anxiety], I accept myself.” Repeat three times.
2. Then tap shortly on each of the other points in the order they are listed in below while you express how you feel (say it out loud, as if you’re unleash to a friend) By the way, it doesn’t matter what you say or which side of the body you tap, says Jessica Ortner.
3. Once you’ve tapped on each of the points, take a deep breath to complete round one. Continue until you feel better or for as long as you’d like.
Check out this video demonstration from Jessica Ortner for more on tapping.
Once the restrictive ‘inner voice’ using Tapping is neutralized, you can increase your affirmations with it!
What is meant by “inner voice? For instance – this is when you say to yourself:
• I am calm and collected
• I am slim
• I lead a harmonious partnership
• I am successful and financially free
But your inner voice reports with incidental or additions like:
• “You and calm, never – you are so stressed” or
• “You and slim, just look in the mirror” or
• “harmonious partnership, never ever or
• “why do I feel being a loser all the way”
To “Resolve” the troublesome suffix, the affirmation has a better chance to be readily absorbed by the sub-conscious.
Where to start?
Start with getting clear what habit or situation you like to change in your life. Describe the desired change in one sentence and formulate it in the present tense, as if the situation already existed.
• Tapping is simple and effective.
• It helps my confidence, my health
• My relationships and my prosperity.
You can say for example:
• “I allow myself to be full of confidence”.
• “I love to be healthy and full of vitality”.
• “I choose to live in a harmonious and fulfilling partnership”.
• “I choose to be successful”
• “I deserve to be wealthy”.
• “I do always more than enough to live a beautiful life”.
These affirmations “can” include everything from what is true and effective in YOUR life.
The statements can be specific such as:
• “I choose to win 1 new, satisfied customer every week” or be general such as:
• “There are enough customers for my products / services”.
The more specific, the more accurately you instruct your subconscious mind what to do, the better.
Choose your own words associated with your own values.
I would like to point out – that even with the EFT tapping that anything is going through your head when you say your affirmation, is of great importance!
If you say, for example:
“I deserve prosperity and wealth in my life”, and your inner Voice answers: “Why should I just deserve to be wealthy”, then the affirmation is not consistent for you and must be adapted.
It could be adjusted to:
“I deserve to identify opportunities that create wealth”. (or whatever your issue is)
“I deserve to have a radiant and attractive body”
“I’m full of confidence” – and your inner voice comes back with the words: and why do you have
the feeling that so many things are not good enough? –
then rather change it to:
“I choose to trust myself”.
Be creative in your statements, find one that is consistent for you and that you can believe in with all your brain and heart.
Try out multiple statements, you will notice very quickly if your inner voice responds. The nice thing is, it comes unconscious, so you can neutralize mental obstacles constructively.
Tapping has helped that people build confidence, optimism and self esteem, replacing old thinking habits with new constructive. The method can be used in almost all areas of your life. On mental, emotional, physical, intellectual, professional, familial or societal level.
• What would YOU change?
• Make YOUR conclusive and credible statement.
You may repeat this process several times a day, with at least a half hour between sessions.
And the guiding principle applies here:
“There is nothing good, unless you do it”.
2. General statements for your physical and emotional well-being:
• I am healthy and full of joie de vivre.
• I feel comfortable in my skin.
• I enjoy to be regularly physically active.
• I have a strong back who gives me strength.
• I am completely free and happy.
• I’m helping other people – that gives me strength.
• I believe in the good in people, therefore I see it more often.
• I can do my tasks easily and effectively.
• I have a good attitude towards myself and my work.
• I manage everything that I start.
• I am determined and can deal with challenges very well.
• I will forgive myself and others with all my heart.
• I choose to forgive and have inner peace.
• I am free from the opinions of others.
• I am worth it to be loved.
• What I’ve done or not done, I’m a lovable person.
• It is easy for me to give others my unconditional love.
• I appreciate my partner and enjoy the time we spend with each other.
• I lead a harmonious relationship in which everyone can grow.
Tapping for WeightLoss
Why is it so hard to lose weight and keep it off?
Battling to count every calorie, judge every bite, feel guilty when you don’t work yourself to the bone at the gym? Then you start to blame yourself and feel depressed that you can’t seem to control your body.
Well guess what, IT’S NOT YOUR FAULT!
Here’s why: The focus of calories in and calories out is just a small piece of the puzzle, and yet that is all we are told to pay attention to.
There are so many other emotional conflicts that make losing so difficult and until those are cleared, reaching your goal will always be a struggle.
And that’s no way to live…
Start off on the Karate Chop
We start by tapping on the karate chop point. I use the tips of all four fingers of my right hand to tap the outside of my left hand. Use the same pressure you would use if you were tapping on a table to make a drumming sound. Tap, tap, tap, tap, tap, tap, tap. If you have long fingernails, use the pads near the end of your fingers to tap.
- Next, we move to the top of the head and then we’ll work down the body, making the points easy to remember. Use the fingertips on one or both hands to tap the top of the head. Tap, tap, tap, tap, tap, tap, tap.
- The eyebrow points are located at the beginning of the eyebrow, nearest the center of the face. I use the index and middle fingers together, on both hands, to tap the two eyebrow points. Tap, tap, tap, tap, tap, tap, tap.
- The side of the eye points are located on the bone at the side of the eye. It’s not so close to the eye that it feels like you’re poking yourself, and not so far away that you are tapping at the temple. Using the index and middle fingers together, tap on both side of the eye points at the same time. Tap, tap, tap, tap, tap, tap, tap.
- The under the eye points are on the bone located under the eye about even with the pupils. Using the fingertips of the index and middle fingers, gently tap this spot under both eyes. Tap, tap, tap, tap, tap, tap, tap.
- Now tap under the nose with the index and middle finger of one hand. The spot is roughly midway between the bottom of the nose and the top of the lip. Tap, tap, tap, tap, tap, tap, tap.
- The chin point is not really on the chin; it is mid-way between the bottom of the lower lip and the chin, in that indentation area. Tap, tap, tap, tap, tap, tap, tap.
- The collarbone spots are located about one inch down and over towards the outside of where a man would tie his tie. I use four fingers together on each hand to tap the collarbone spots. Tap, tap, tap, tap, tap, tap, tap.
- An alternative is to pat both spots at the same time with the flat of one hand, with about the same pressure as you would pat a baby’s back to help it burp.
- The under the arm point is located about 4 inches below the armpit. I lift my left arm and use the four fingers of my right hand to tap under my left arm. Tap, tap, tap, tap, tap, tap, tap.
These are the points in the short form of TAPPING that we will be using.
Do the tapping about 10 min – 3x times a day – just before meals preferably but not necessarely! Say your affirmation while you tap; repeat this procedure 3x as seen below. Once your affirmation has become a part of your life, you can replace it with a new one.
Start with Your Emotions :
Say out loud: for instance: I feel deprived, or sad or…..
Measure that from 0 – to 10: How does that feel?
Start with the karate chop:
- Even though I feel deprived in my life, and I want more, and I don’t want to give anything up, I deeply and profoundly love and accept myself
- Even though I feel deprived in my life, don’t make me give anything else up, I deeply and profoundly love and accept myself anyway
- Even though I feel deprived in my life, and I cant give anything else up, I accept who I am and how I feel
1. eyebrow: I feel deprived
2. side of the eye: there is not enogh for me
3. under the eye: I feel deprived
4. under the nose: there is not enough for me
5. chin: this depravation
6. collarbone: I feel so deprived
7. sore spot: really deprived
8. under the arm: no wonder I cant lose weight
9. top of the head: no wonder I cant lose weight
1. eyebrow: I feel too deprived already
2. side of the eye: don’t take anything away from me
3. under the eye: I feel deprived
4. under the nose: there is not enough
5. chin: I feel deprived
6. collarbone: no wonder I will give up more food
7. sore spot: I feel so deprived
8. under the arm: I feel deprived already
9. top of the head: I feel this depravation – but I want to feel calm and peaceful
Take a deep breath
Now: Think of your body: Say: I love my body – measure from 1 – 10 and how true is that?
If you don’t love your body: admit it too
- Even though I am upset with my body, I don’t like being fat, I don’t like being overweight, what if I decided to accept myself anyway
- Even though I don’t love my body, I deeply and lovingly accept myself anyway
- Even though I don’t love my body, I certainly don’t like being overweight, I choose to accept who I am and where I am
Eyebrow: I don’t love my body
side of the eye: part of me hates my body
under the eye: I don’t like my body
under the nose: I want to get rid of some of it
chin: I hate being overweight
collarbone: I am embarassed
sore spot: I am ashamed
under the arm: I don’t like my body
top of the head: I don’t love my body
Eyebrow: what if I could accept my body
side of the eye: while I am on this journey
under the eye: what if I could accept and love my body
under the nose: even if it is not perfect
chin: what if I could accept and love my body
collarbone: even though I am not where I want to be yet
sore spot: not there where I want to be
under the arm: I want to accept my body
top of the head: I want to want to love it
Eyebrow: I want to appreciate my body
side of the eye: I want to love parts of my body
under the eye: I want to appreciate my body
under the nose: my body is very strong
chin: and now I know how to lose the weight
collarbone: I can almost feel excited about it
sore spot: I can almost feel excited about it
under the arm: I can almost feel excited about it
top of the head: I choose to appreciate my body and accept where I am right now
Take a deep breath.
Tapping works for me, my family, friends and clients. I am so grateful to have a mentor like Jessica Orntner & The Tapping Solution
Fore more information on Tapping and Weightloss please visit The Tapping Solution over our partnerlink here.
Please contact me anytime here and we can find out if a zoom call or skype call with me would benefit you.
Impove Your Life – Inspire Others!
PS.: By reading this article, you assume all risks associated with using the advice given babove, with a full understanding that you, solely, are responsible for anything that may occur as a result of putting this information into action in any way, and regardless of your interpretation of the advice. You further agree that I cannot be held responsible in any way for the success or failure as a result of the information presented in this rarticle.